Brother HL-5440D reset toner
Sometimes the Brother HL-5440D will not reset properly after installing a new toner cartridge. You may still have a ‘toner low’ or ‘toner empty’ message. It is possible to manually reset the printer to remove this message. Use the procedure below and this will ensure that your toner cartridge is fully reset again:
- Ensure the printer is turned off.
- Open the printer front cover.
- Hold the Go button down while turning the printer back on.
- When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.
- Press the Go button two (2) times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.
- TN3310 cartridge - Press the Go button six (5) times.
- TN3340 cartridge - Press the Go button seven (6) times.
- The Error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.
Your newly installed toner cartridge should now be showing full again.